Well, it’s not Austin.
According to XO Group in their Feb 2, 2017 Wedding Press Release, New York – Manhattan is the most expensive place to get married. Thank your lucky stars!
Austin is in the top 25. We are number 21. Again, this is based on the average cost of a wedding in 2016.
Take a look below to see 1 – 25.
Top 25 Most Expensive Places to Get Married
Based on average cost of a wedding in 2016, couples spend the most on their weddings in the following areas in the US. Four of the five most expensive places to get married are in the New York/Tri-State area.
- New York – Manhattan: $78,464
- New York – Long Island: $67,831
- New Jersey – North/Central: $62,606
- Illinois – Chicago: $60,035
- New York – Outer Boroughs: $59,027
- Massachusetts – Cape Cod: $58,608
- New York – Westchester/Hudson Valley: $54,428
- Rhode Island: $52,328
- Florida – Southern: $48,596
- Pennsylvania – Philadelphia/Delaware: $48,093
- New Jersey – South: $46,486
- California – Santa Barbara/Ventura: $45,957
- California – Los Angeles: $44,062
- Massachusetts – Boston: $44,028
- California – San Francisco/Greater Bay Area: $42,716
- Louisiana – New Orleans: $42,628
- Connecticut: $42,127
- Texas – Houston/East TX: $40,285
- DC – Washington DC/Northern VA/Suburban MD: $40,176
- California – San Diego: $37,268
- Texas –Austin/San Antonio/South TX/Central TX: $36,522
- Maryland – Baltimore: $35,861
- Michigan – Detroit: $35,576
- California – Orange County: $35,303
- NY – Capital District/Upstate NY: $34,874
This information is from XO Group Weddings Press Release.
Mariachi Amor has performed at both spectrums of the costs.
One of the best weddings we were a part of was Austin and Michelle’s wedding in Hye, TX at William Chris Vineyards. With a total of 12 guests, the couple was able to have an outdoor wedding in a beautiful vineyard. Aside from Mariachi Amor, there was a caterer, officiant and photographer to be a part of this three-hour wedding.
Jordan and Ivana’s wedding was incredible. The couple had their wedding at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa. The Philadelphia football player Jordan Hicks married Ivana Rodriguez (now Hicks). The guests were surprised as they entered The Wildflower Atrium to see and hear Mariachi Amor. By the end of our performance, the atrium was filled with family and friends—a total of 250 guests!
In the end, what it really comes down to is what type of wedding would you love to have and based on your dream wedding what would be the cost? I don’t even like to use the word cost because it’s really an investment in yourself. And, thank your lucky stars your not marrying in Manhattan.